Warning: ini_get_all() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/optimumc/public_html/wsaigosports.com/wp-includes/load.php on line 1040

Warning: ini_get_all() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/optimumc/public_html/wsaigosports.com/wp-includes/load.php on line 1040
Cremer temporarily puts cricket career on hold for family – WSAIGO Sports
Connect with us
>

Cricket

Cremer temporarily puts cricket career on hold for family

Published

on


Former Zimbabwe captain Graeme Cremer has temporarily put his cricket career on hold due to family commitments. The 32-year-old legspinner recently relocated from Harare to join his wife Merna, who is now based in Dubai and working as a pilot.

“With my wife always away flying, I now have a full-time job looking after the kids and settling them into this new environment,” explained Cremer. “I am hoping this may only be temporary, so I may be able to commute back and forth to Zimbabwe, but who knows what the future holds. That’s all I can say at this stage.

“But while I am away I wish Zimbabwe Cricket all the very best in what’s to come, and I hope to join the boys again in the future.”

Cremer has played 19 Tests, 96 one-day internationals and 29 Twenty20 internationals, taking a combined 211 wickets for Zimbabwe across formats. He missed Zimbabwe’s recent tours to South Africa and Bangladesh due to knee surgery, but had made a tentative return to action in December, helping his franchise Rhinos to victory over Mountaineers in a Pro50 Championship match played in Kwekwe.

ZC acting managing director Givemore Makoni said Cremer would be greatly missed and hoped that the former captain will be available for selection again soon.

“Your wickets, numbers and everything you have contributed to our game speak for themselves and we as ZC are proud of you,” said Makoni.

“Your services will be greatly missed but we hope to have you in our national colours again soon. In the meantime, we send our best wishes to you and your family.”



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Cricket

Ingram, Laughlin render Stars shineless

Published

on


Adelaide Strikers 5 for 178 (Ingram 57, Head 43, Plunkett 4-36) beat Melbourne Stars 137 (Gulbis 37, Laughlin 3-19) by 41 runs

The Adelaide Strikers overcame a sluggish start to dismantle the Melbourne Stars in Adelaide as a Colin Ingram powershow and some miserly bowling proved enough to contain the visitors.

Ingram combined with the Strikers’ captain, Travis Head, to stabilise a slow start for the hosts, before a late-order flurry from Jonathan Wells closed the innings at 178.

The Stars started brightly with Ben Dunk and Evan Gulbis, but the spectre of Rashid Khan loomed large. An unplayable over or two from the Afghanistan superstar saw the Melbourne franchise fall behind the asking rate, from which they never recovered. The innings petered out as the Strikers’ bowlers shared the wickets, Ben Laughlin most impressive with 3 for 19, leaving the Strikers well-positioned as the competition hits the halfway point.

More to follow…



Source link

Continue Reading

Cricket

Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul to sit out Sydney ODI

Published

on


Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul will not be considered for selection for the first match of the Australia-India ODI series. ESPNcricinfo understands that although the Committee of Administrators (CoA) is still deliberating the course of action against the two players for their controversial comments on a TV show, the BCCI has informed the team management not to consider them for selection for the ODI in Sydney on Saturday.

In reply to the show-cause notice issued by the BCCI earlier this week, both Pandya and Rahul apologised for their conduct. The two-member CoA still wanted the players to be suspended followed by an inquiry.

While Vinod Rai, the CoA chairman, had initially recommended a two-match suspension for the players, Diana Edulji, the former India women captain and the other member of the CoA, reiterated on Friday her view that the players be suspended and an inquiry be carried out.

More to follow…



Source link

Continue Reading

Cricket

South Africa bat, bring in Hamza; three changes for Pakistan

Published

on


Toss South Africa chose to bat v Pakistan

South Africa’s stand-in captain Dean Elgar won the toss and chose to bat in Johannesburg, with his team pursuing a 3-0 whitewash in the Tests against Pakistan.

There was one change to the South Africa team, with Faf du Plessis’ suspension for an over-rate offence handing a debut in the middle order to Zubayr Hamza. Opener Aiden Markram was passed fit after a thigh injury, leaving Pieter Malan waiting for a first cap.

Having enjoyed success with a four-man pace attack in Cape Town, South Africa stuck to the same gameplan, meaning no return for spinner Keshav Maharaj.

As expected, with the series already gone Pakistan made several changes to their team. The return to fitness of Shadab Khan has meant two allrounders coming into the team where there were none: Faheem Ashraf and Shadab taking over from the misfiring Fakhar Zaman and Yasin Shah.

There was also a change to the seam attack, with young left-armer Shaheen Afridi replaced by Hasan Ali, who sat out the second Test.

South Africa: 1 Dean Elgar (capt), 2 Aiden Markram, 3 Hashim Amla, 4 Theunis de Bruyn, 5 Temba Bavuma, 6 Zubayr Hamza, 7 Quinton de Kock (wk), 8 Vernon Philander, 9 Kagiso Rabada, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Duanne Olivier

Pakistan: 1 Imam-ul-Haq, 2 Shan Masood, 3 Azhar Ali, 4 Asad Shafiq, 5 Babar Azam, 6 Sarfraz Ahmed (capt/wk), 7 Shadab Khan, 8 Faheem Ashraf, 9 Mohammad Amir, 10 Mohammad Abbas, 11 Hasan Ali



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending